Fly Fishing for Brown Trout
Why not try a day's fishing on one, or all, of our water?
Tickets are priced at £15, with a two fish limit per ticket. Picketlaw and Loch Goin Reservoirs only and are available from 1st May until 30th September. Day Tickets are for bank – no float tubes, no self launch boats or other craft.
You can purchase ticket at the following outlets:
- Eaglesham Post Office
- Tackle and Guns, 920 Pollockshaws Rd, Glasgow, G41 2ET, tel 0141 632 2005 www.tackleandguns.net
Fishing in 2016
Season memberships are available for 2016 at the following cost:
- Full Adult Membership £170 – first year, reducing by £50 in subsequent seasons (Age 18-65)
- Adult Retired Membership £140 – first year, reducing by £50 in subsequent seasons (Aged 65+)
- Junior membership £20 (under 18)
Season: 15th March until 6th October
For any equiries please use our contact form.
The Association itself has a fairly long history. It has in the last 50 years it has, through the hard work of the committee, acquired the fishing rights to three waters:
- Picklaw Reservoir, situated within the village of Eaglesham.
- Loch Goin, on the Fenwick Moor.
- Corsehouse Reservoir, situated close to Stewarton.
All three lochs have boats available on a first come first served basis and all lochs are strictly fly fishing only from either the bank or the boat, boathouses are securely locked and padlocked they can only be accessed with a key. All lochs are stocked annually with brown trout and our currently policy is to stock with 12" fish. The size limit on the lochs is 11" and members are restricted to 4 fish each outing.
All provide excellent fishing throughout the season as you would expect from well managed waters. Members (including day ticket holders) are encouraged to adopt a catch and release policy to ensure great sport throughout the season. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be frowned upon to take a one or two for the pan now and again.
Whether you are a member of the Association or would like to try a days fishing by purchasing a day ticket we hope you will find this web site informative and wish you well.